Wednesday, March 11, 2015

My girl ~

So yesterday as I was putting Zoey to bed, she looked at me with a smile and said, "mommy, you look like Auntie Shirley." I had been having a rough day and   my self confidence was lacking. Hearing that sweet voice say that just melted me. Not that it matters who I look like, but that she saw someone special in me, instead of seeing my flaws. She was only 2 years old when Aunt Shirley went to heaven, and not a day goes by she doesn't ask about her or mention something that has to do with her. We were eating dinner at Uncle Clyde's last night and Zo asked if I ever got to visit Auntie in heaven. I explained that we can't just go there , only when Jesus takes us home to be with Him. She quickly replies,  "I know, she's up there working for Jesus" 😍
She likes to tell people Jesus picked her up on the Heaven bus and took her there. I often wonder if aunt Shirley visits her in her dreams. Zoey giggles a lot in her sleep, something I love hearing. I feel so lucky to be her momma. God blessed me with a tender hearted little firecracker ;) and Iove every inch of her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment